This event has passed.
Date & time
30th of April 2016 at 9:30am
Fremantle Arts Centre 1 Finnerty Street Fremantle WA 6160
- East End
Paula Silbert presents her in-demand 2 hour visual arts workshop crammed with professional and peer feedback and solutions.
A quartet of ‘necessities’ delivered in 30-minute, up-tempo presentations with current information, actions and interactions.
1. Practice and priorities. How to make beautiful art while juggling life’s irritating responsibilities.
2. Making + marketing + mentoring. The formula for success.
3. Fake it till you make it! Be your own agent–behave like a gallerist, curator and arts manager (so you’ve got a better chance of being selected).
4. Amazing! I saw your art at...Galleries promote and sell, but chances are you’ll probably need other outlets, too. Where, when and why to show your work.
5. Self-focused planning session with professional and peer feedback. Invaluable working connections are formed!
Paula Silbert Arts Consultancy has over 30 years of direct experience addressing the issues which affect the creative industries and the media. Marketing advisor to four state gallery directors, Paula was inaugurating Director of the Fringe Festival. Paula lectured arts management and communications at the renowned WA Academy of Performing Arts. She also curated a 100 piece art collection for St John of God Health Care. Thousands of arts achievements and exhibitions have reached huge audiences thanks to her top rating segment Smart Arts broadcast on Austereo and Fairfax networks since the 1990’s.
Paula is a mentor and friend to arts managers.
- Fremantle Arts Centre