This event has passed.
Date & time
10th of June 2016 at 9:30am
until the 11th of June at 4:00pm
Fremantle Arts Centre 1 Finnerty Street Fremantle WA 6160
- East End
The City of Fremantle is pleased to offer artists and makers direct access to experienced arts consultant and media identity, Paula Silbert when she brings her two day visual arts professional development workshop to Fremantle Arts Centre.
A scholarship of $165 will be awarded by the City of Fremantle to the first 30 artists enrolled in this solution-driven workshop, so they’ll pay just $295 for two days of essential knowledge and action.
• being an exhibitionist–solo, group, pop-up, open studio
• finding your fans and leading them to your exhibition
• OMG! My art doesn’t speak for itself! What your clients, fans and media expect you to be able to say(media releases, speeches, interviews, gallery tours and artist statements)
• brushing up your five year plan and getting ready to succeed
• 40 really, really, really important things for visual artists to know
• hands-on planning sessions with professional and peer feedback.
Paula Silbert Arts Consultancy has over 30 years of direct experience addressing the issues which affect the creative industries and the media. Marketing advisor to four state gallery directors, Paula was inaugurating Director of the Fringe Festival. Paula lectured arts management and communications at the renowned WA Academy of Performing Arts. She also curated a 100 piece art collection for St John of God Health Care. Thousands of arts achievements and exhibitions have reached huge audiences thanks to her top rating segment Smart Arts broadcast on Austereo and Fairfax networks since the 1990’s.
Paula is a mentor and friend to arts managers.
- Fremantle Arts Centre